….. at Peyloubère
Guests have exclusive use of the heated swimming pool where there is table tennis in the shade of the ‘au vent’, giant dominos, Mölkky and badminton on the adjoining lawn.
The ‘Pighouse’ health and fitness cabin houses a swedish sauna as well as exercise bike and ski trainer and provides a secluded garden for relaxing or sunbathing.
The lake is stocked with fish and guests are welcome to try their luck or to just picnic in the shade of the tall trees or enjoy the evening tranquillity.
The 13-acre estate is a mixture of gardens, wildflower meadows and mature trees , a haven for birds, insects and animals, among others deer, hare and the local red squirrel.
….. in the locality
- The local village of Pavie is a few minutes drive or 15 minute walk along the banks of the river Gers and provides a weekly market, full range of shops for everyday needs including organic store and pharmacy as well as an excellent restaurant, ‘A Nosta’.
- Pavie also offers go-karting, acrobranche, paintball and walking and cycling trails
- The picturesque and historic town of Auch is 6km from Peyloubère and provides two weekly markets, a choice of supermarkets, a wealth of shops and restaurants, exhibitions as well as circus, music, theatre, and cinema festivals – https://www.auch-tourisme.com/
….. further afield
In addition to the magnificent countryside, historic villages, Armagnac châteaux and fortified towns of the Gers, the majestic Pyrénées are just over an hour’s drive away as are the towns of Condom, Albi, Pau, Lourdes and Toulouse. The Gers also offers ……
- Casino and Thermal Centres at Castera Verduzan and Lectoure
- Day and Night Markets on every day of the week at nearby towns
- Golf courses – a choice of 9 and 18-hole courses, the closest in Auch
- Horse racing – trot and flat racing in Auch and Castera Verduzan
- Leisure lakes – pleasure boats, water slides and sandy beaches
- Music festivals – jazz, salsa, country and classical
- Tennis – courts, coaching and club facilities in Auch
- Theme Parks – Cité de l’Espace and Aqualand in Toulouse
- Walking and cycling – a wealth of trails and cycling routes
- Water sports – sailing, windsurfing and water skiing
- Winter sports – just over an hour away in the magnificent Pyrénées