Converted from the old coach house, ‘Les Iris’ is named not only for the ‘flags’ which flourish around the cottage, but also for the spectacular stained glass window specially created for the sitting room by the celebrated local artist, Michèle Darèes.
The cottage is suitable for up to five people in one double, one twin and one single bedroom. The living room has been created using the full height of the original building with exposed roof timbers and beams and has a comfortable seating area and large dining table and chairs. The modern kitchen occupies the space beneath a wooden mezzanine floor supported by robust timber pillars and providing the twin bedroom among the rafters. Light floods into the room, on one side dappled colours through the stained glass window, and on the other through broad french windows which lead out on to the terrace, garden and Wellington lawn beyond.
Prices and availability
- Prices are in euros and include electricity, central heating and linen.
- During the high season and the two weeks of Christmas and New Year, bookings are for seven nights. Outside the high season bookings are for a minimum of three nights.
- Arrival/departure days are flexible throughout the year, subject to availability.
- During the high season there is a discount for reservations of two weeks or more – see Multiple Weeks below.
- Les Iris is the only cottage that is not centrally heated and is therefore generally only available from May to October.